What is Spartan Capital?
Spartan Group is a Crypto fund & consulting company, Spartan Group has 2 main divisions: Spartan Capital and Spartan Advisory.
- Spartan Capital is a Crypto Venture that mainly invests in the primary and secondary market in the field of Crypto. They have over 20 years of experience in investment research and capital management for leading companies such as Goldman Sachs and Indus Capital (a hedge fund under management of $6.5B).
- Spartan Advisory is a financial consulting firm specializing in blockchain, the services they provide include: financial advisory services, corporate consulting, fundraising, M&A, corporate strategy and development, public structure company, partnership, market penetration strategy.
- Jason Choi: Head of Research by Spartan Capital. In addition, he is also the Founder of Blockcrunch Podcast. Before entering the field of Crypto, he is a venture capitalist in the traditional financial market, and has experience working at investment funds and well-known companies such as: Contrary Capital, Deloitte.
- Casper Johansen: Founder of The Spartan Group. In addition, he is also an entrepreneur, investment banker, company executive, venture capitalist.
- Darren Lau: Senior Analyst at Spartan Capital. Darren graduated from Sunway University with a BA in Financial Analysis. Before coming to Spartan Capital, he worked for 2 years at Coingecko and contributed significantly to the success of Coingecko. In addition, he is also the co-author of Ebook “How to DeFi” – Ebook that introduces Defi overview for beginners.
Spartan Capital’s Portfolio
- Acala: Acala is a first-of-its-kind decentralized finance platform with a vision to bring financial stability, liquidity, and accessibility to the mainstream. Acala is the cross-chain financial hub for the Polkadot ecosystem and beyond. It provides a set of financial principles: a multi-collateralized stablecoin backed by cross-chain assets like Bitcoin, a trustless staking derivative, and a decentralized exchange to free up liquidity. to generate more financial innovation. It is an open platform for deploying financially oriented applications using smart contracts or integrated protocols with out-of-the-box linking capabilities, security and financial optimization.
- Manta Network: Manta Network is a decentralized project that provides plug-and-play privacy for the entire DeFi stack. Built as a layer 1 protocol, the project leverages zkSNARK to provide algorithmically private on-chain transactions. We are launching Polkadot as a promotion. Our first services will be personal payments through MantaPay and personal exchanges through MantaSwap.
- Composable Finance: Composable Finance is creating the infrastructure to unlock the multi-layer and multi-chain future of Ethereum and other layer 1 blockchains. Currently, the lack of compatibility between blockchains and layers leads to disparities and inefficiencies. Developers are greatly limited in what they can build with protected infrastructure and users are forced to navigate complex and verbose processes if they want to use multiple threads or layers . With our products, we intend to reduce the barriers faced by DeFi creators and users.
- Coin98 Finance: A DeFi Gateway for TraFi users to access any DeFi service on multiple blockchains. We provide a one-stop platform for users to access the DeFi ecosystem, such as decentralized exchanges, lending protocols, on-chain governance, blockchain-based games, and cross-chain transfers on more than 20 networks like Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Solana, Avalanche, etc
- BitDAO: BitDAO is not a project about a specific area like AMM, Lending, but a community that contributes to the development of DeFi through directions like R&D (Research & Development), liquidity, and support capital. BitDAO will work with partners to build R&D centers, to build BitDAO’s own DeFi products, or to support other outstanding DeFi projects.
- Burnt Finance: Burnt Finance is a decentralized auction protocol to enable fast and seamless auctions for a wide range of assets. It provides an intuitive interface for minting new assets. These assets can be aggregators, NFTs and even new digital assets. In less than a few minutes, users can mint a new asset and set up a completely decentralized auction. Burnt allows users to customize their auctions, allowing asset minting and trading to take place in a completely permissionless ecosystem.
- Polkadot: Polkadot is an open source fragmented multi-chain protocol that supports the cross-chain transfer of any data or asset, not just tokens. That way, a bunch of blockchains can interact with each other. This interaction mechanism seeks to establish a completely decentralized and private user-controlled web and simplify the process of creating new applications, organizations, and services. The Polkadot protocol connects public and private chains, permissionless networks, oracle and future technologies, allowing these independent blockchains to share information and transactions in a trustless manner through Polkadot relay chain.
- Synthetix: Synthetix is a decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol that provides online exposure to a wide range of crypto- and non-crypto assets. The protocol is based on the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain and provides users with access to highly liquid synthetic assets (synths). Synths track and provide returns on the underlying asset without requiring a person to directly hold the asset.
Spartan Capital Portfolio Review
Out of about 70 projects that Spartan Capital has invested in, about half of them have released Tokens and list of exchanges, the rest are in the early stages, MVP or not yet Launch Token.
The top 5 projects with the best performing Tokens (price of ATH compared to ATL) are:
- SNX: 95.100%
- BAND: 11.415%
- ALPHA: 11.269%
- MKR: 3.745%
- SCRT: 2.752%
Spartan Group’s last investment was in the Hubble Protocol project (January 3, 2022) with a raise of $8.8M. Hubble Protocool is a DeFi project built on the Solana ecosystem. It can be seen that the future investment trend of Spartan Group is still very interested and focused on investing in DeFi and Infrastructure projects.
Spartan Capital is a fund with great financial potential and has a lot of experience in the field of finance and investment because the fund’s team includes people with many years of experience in the banking and finance industry. Especially when Spartan Group invests in the project, the fund also supports construction and development projects and orients the company to create the most favorable conditions for long-term project development.
The above is an overview of the Spartan Capital fund as well as its investment portfolio. Hopefully this article will help you have a better overview of the Spartan Group fund as well as the style and portfolio of this fund so that you can choose potential projects for your.