The blockchain technology company has appointed current CEO Sean Ford to replace Kokinos on an interim basis.
- Algorand has promoted COO W. Sean Ford to interim CEO, effective immediately. Ford will succeed G. Steven Kokinos, who is leaving to “pursue other interests”.
- Kokinos, who joined Algorand in 2018 after founding software development company Fuze, will serve as a senior advisor to the company until mid-2023.
- Ford – who also joined Alogrand in 2018 – previously served as chief marketing officer at remote software company LogMeIn. At Algorand, he oversaw execution and market activity.
- “We thank Steven for his time and dedication to Algorand,” said company founder Silvio Micali. “He’s been instrumental to the early success of our business and we appreciate his commitment to a seamless transition… Sean is well positioned to contract. partner with me to keep the company’s business running as usual and help us transition Algorand into our next phase of growth.”
- Algorand’s ALGO (ALGO) token is little changed, still down about 90% from the all-time high touched last September.